Cyber security is an important aspect of running a business in todays world. Due to significant dependency on online resources and the ability to improve customer service with online tools and data, every business should do their best effort to protect the users of their systems.
Below is a list of points that a business should spend time reviewing at regular intervals (at least once per year recommended):
- Check computers for software updates – desktops, laptops and servers
- Check network devices for firmware updates
– routers, firewalls, switches, printers, etc.
- Scan network for open ports
- Review network security policies:
- Update policy (servers + workstations)
- Local administrators
- Mobile phone & tablet policies & management
- Remote access policy
- Privacy policies (clients & staff)
- Web protections
- Browser plugins
- Browser updates
- Verify backup process
- What is the critical data?
- Server backups
- Workstation backups
- System restore plan
Contact us if you would like assistance with this.